Monday, November 3, 2014
This is an interesting article regarding complimenting your child. http://www.imom.com/10-compliments-your-kids-need-to-hear/?utm_campaign=10Complilments&utm_source=EMAIL&utm_medium=11.03.2014&utm_term=Body&utm_content=EspressoMinute
Friday, October 31, 2014
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Dear WE Parents,
On, our WE students have an opportunity to celebrate Halloween at school. This is aprivilege for our students and first and foremost, we want to make sure all of our students are safe and have an enjoyable time. To that end, please keep the following in mind:
- Classroom teachers each provide a short time (30-45 minutes) to celebrate Halloween at school in the classroom.
- COSTUMES SHOULD NOT BE WORN TO SCHOOL: IF students wear their costume to school, we will ask the child to call their parents to bring their normal school clothes to change into for the remainder of the day.
- Classroom teachers will provide a short amount of time prior to their classroom party so that students are able to dress up accordingly.
- WEAPONS as part of costumes are not allowed at school! Please leave items such as knives, blades, guns, etc. at home. You are welcome to include those items at your regularly scheduled Halloween trick-or-treating time if you so choose to allow your child to incorporate those items into a costume.
- Do NOT send your child with face paint, blood, or other types of items to place on your child's face and/or body. We are mindful of our role in providing for a pleasant classroom party experience.
- Above all, at Wellman Elementary, we are respectful, responsible, and safe, as we follow our PBIS expectations.
Thank you for observing these Halloween school rules so that your child can have a safe and enjoyable experience at school!
Principal & Lead Learner
Wellman Elementary School